Anna A. Shishkova
English-Russian freelance translator & interpreter and translation project manager
Date of execution: October 15, 2006
I hereby certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, the below biodata correctly describe myself, my qualification and my experience, as of October 15, 2006
I am a qualified linguist and professional English-Russian
translator/interpreter with over 6 years of experience.
Date of Birth: January 1, 1980
Citizenship: Russian Federation
Family Status: single
Translation Fields / Areas / Documents:
1) Business – highest quality: trade; franchising; business management; supply chain management; logistics and warehousing; marketing and market research; deals and contracts; memorandums and agreements; offers and quotations; feasibility studies; bills of lading; policies and procedures; resolutions and minutes; press releases; business proposals business plans; extracts from trade and other registers; corporate presentations and profiles; corporate web-site texts; etc.
2) Finance – highest quality: securities; taxation; investment; insurance; accounting; banking; annual and other reports; terms and conditions; insurance policies; financial records and statements; audit reports; supporting financial documents; mandates; signature cards; applications; etc.
3) Law – highest quality: human rights; copyright law; commercial arbitration; court rulings, decisions and proceedings; federal laws; local orders; constituent documents; powers of attorneys; certificates; notarized and legalized documents; apostilles; etc.
4) Medicine – high quality: drugs & pharmaceuticals; contraceptives; cosmetics; dentistry; treatment of burn injuries and fractures; dressings, bandages and their application; pandemic flu; AIDS; ADHD; animal studies; certificates of pharmaceutical products; brochures; medical opinions; etc.
5) Software – high quality: back office systems; stock management systems; user manuals; rules and procedures; Internet site forms; etc.
6) Politics – good quality: newspaper articles on hot issues, etc.
7) Technics – good quality: construction; landscaping; textiles; home appliances; oil and gas; oils and greases; aircrafts; agriculture and farm machinery; fast food equipment; advertising aids; ceramics; metallurgy; scientific articles; material data sheets; lists of equipment; operating manuals; safety data sheets; drawings; etc.
1) Exhibitions – highest quality: information exchange between exhibitors and visitors
2) Conferences – highest quality: whispering
3) Negotiations – high quality: face-to-face and telephone interpretation
4) Presentations – good quality: consecutive interpretation
5) Trainings – good quality: simultaneous interpretation
1) Participation – highest quality: work on a project as a member of a translator team, compilation of project glossaries
2) Management – good quality: use of TRADOS tools to coordinate work of a translator team and to technically handle a project
Member of a translation team: translated (from English into Russian) two chapters for a publication on the Swiss stock exchange law, August-September, 2006, over 170 pages
Translation for SFC (UK): franchise agreements, business plan and proposals, correspondence, marketing materials, management, operating and marketing manuals, safety data sheets, recipes, November - December 2005, the United Kingdom (Reading), over 300 pages
Translation for Shell Company on oils and greases, August 2005, over 70 pages
Translation for Oral-B Company: articles, research papers, advertising brochures, Internet site texts, May 2005, over 50 pages
Translation of a series of agreements on telecommunication services, company names are not disclosed for confidentiality reasons, October 2004, over 60 pages
Editing Rosneft’s corporate web-site texts, July 2006, over 70 pages
Editing the draft Federal Law ‘On Packaging Waste’, May 2006, over 15 pages
Editing translated materials of Novartis on pandemic flu, March 2006, over 20 pages
Meetings at the Central Bank of Russia: the Bank’s management and representatives of foreign financial institutions discussed the Russian banking sector and system development, September 2006
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) International Conference, April 2006
Work group meetings at Petrovax, December 2005
Negotiations of Klipsch Europe BV, spring 2005
Change Management training at RUSAL, March 2006
International Exhibition ‘Franchising-2005’, September 2005
November – December 2002: one of Sakhalin translation projects (at ROID Translation Agency) – work coordination
March – April 2004: Mortgage book translation project (at ROID Translation Agency) – project management
2005 - 2006
Moscow University Touro
GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) training
Advanced training for translators
1996 - 2001
Yaroslavl State Teacher Training University
Other Related & Supporting Data
PC skills: Windows 98/2000/ХР, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, Photo Shop, Front Page, Page Maker, AutoCAD, etc.
Professional software: Trados
Foreign passport: issued on October 8, 2003, valid until October 8, 2008
Mobile phone number: +7 (910) 462 29 59
Russian pronunciation translator
Free Text Translation service for Portuguese (Brazilian), English, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Russian languages
Free English Russian translator